Greetings and welcome!
Greetings and welcome to the Joint Special Operations 10K Run / 5K Walk page, sponsored by the Special Operations Communicators Association. The JSO 10K is now in its 25th running and we look forward to another great year. This 10K is the only one of its kind in the Fayetteville area. This all off-road course is a very challenging dirt, mud, gravel and sand trail. There is a 800 limit for registered participants. Last year was a virtual race due to COVID and we are excited to get back out there on the course in person. The race is open to all ages and abilities. The race is open to everyone. While the majority of our participants come from the Fort Bragg and surrounding community area, we have had folks come from out of state to join in the fun. It is a great time for all, bring your friends and family and enjoy a great event that you just cannot find anywhere else in this area. For any questions related to the race, please send your questions to email@example.com
- 2021 event is Saturday November 13, 2021 starting at 8:00 am
- What better way to spend the Veterans Day weekend? Please join us in saluting our military and their families
- The course is USA Track and Field certified #NC-10117-PH
- The race will feature state-or-the-art disposable bib-chip timing by Precision Race, LLC
- Absolutely no pets at the event, we ask that you please leave them at home
- Off-road jogging strollers are acceptable on the course. The course is a trail run with sand and possible mud
- A standard sidewalk stroller will not make it though the course
- Packet pick-up and day of race registration on race day at McKellars Lodge on Fort Bragg between 6:00-7:30 am
- Pre-registration week will be conducted between 11:30am-1:00pm from 1-5 November at the Fort Bragg Mini-Mall.
- Pre-Race packet pick-up with t-shirts will be available on November 11th in the Sports USA parking lot between 3:00-7:00 pm and the following day November 12th at Dicks Sporting Goods at the Freedom Town Center between 12:00-3:00 pm. We will also be accepting late registrations during these times, remember registration cost at that time will be $35.
- During the awards ceremony, we will raffle off prizes and have breakfast items and beverages available after the race. All registered participants will receive a free raffle ticket.
- All children, regardless of age, must be registered unless being carried or in a stroller
- Awards are presented to the one overall male and female (will not be eligible for age group awards). Top 3 Male & Female runners in each age group (1st gold, 2nd silver or 3rd bronze medal). Oldest and youngest 10K finishers will also receive a small trophy.
- The 5K for runners or walkers will not be officially timed
- All runners and walkers will receive a commemorative finishers coin at the finish line
- Appropriate attire required, this is a family event
- We do not accept team entries
- Registration online at www.ItsYourRace.com or please send your completed registration and a check or money order to the below address
- 5K runners and walkers will be issued a bib number without a timing chip, only 10K runners are timed
P.O. Box 73409
Fort Bragg, NC 28307-5002.
(Please make checks payable to "SOCA")